Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Dublin 15
Reporting To: Surveying Director
We are currently looking to add a positive, proactive, experienced Quantity Surveyor to our expanding team. This is a full time position, but it comes with considerable flexibility, both in terms of work location and working hours. We are open to candidates who, for example, want/need the flexibility to work from home 2-3 days per week, and/or need flexible working hours. By joining Moston, you’ll be joining a team already working to these flexible arrangements.
Moston Construction Ltd is a long established, medium sized, progressive construction company. Over the last 25 years, we have developed a reputation as experts in construction project management. We operate throughout Ireland, but mostly in the greater Dublin areas. We cover a range of projects across the commercial, healthcare, education, residential & refurbishment sectors. By maintaining strong relationships with our clients most of our contracts are repeat business. We strive to maintain and deliver an excellent standard of work for all clients.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Procurement & appointment of all sub-contractors & suppliers for all elements of the build.
- Managing sub-contractors payments, valuations, variation accounts & agreement of sub-contractor final accounts.
- Understand contract obligations and any other undertakings to the Client.
- Be responsible for submitting comprehensive interim and final valuations.
- Ensure close co-operation with Contracts Managers as regards assessment of progress, identification and evaluation of variations to the original contract work.
- Liaise with our Clients, their Design Team, and in particular the Clients Quantity Surveyor to ensure valuations & invoices are issued promptly.
- Identify increases in materials and/or labour, as appropriate.
- Report in detail as required by the Company Directors, on the financial status of the project.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Ensure follow up on claiming retentions as they fall due.
Qualification & Education Requirements:
- 3rd Level Qualification (Degree/Diploma) in Construction Economics/Quantity Surveying, or equivalent.
- 5 years + experience working as a Quantity Surveyor, preferably with a Main Contractor.
- Excellent reporting, analytical and computer skills.
- Have your own transport.
Salary and Benefits:
- Attractive Salary to the right candidate with the relevant industry experience.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your most up to date CV and cover letter.